THE TEN WORST EXCUSES NOT TO SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
1. “Just one Litter and then we’ll have“Fluffy” spayed. (studies show that the entire pet overpopulation stems from the “just one litter” mentality.)
2. “My dog doesn’t run loose, so he doesn’t need to be fixed.” (Murphy’s Law says otherwise.)
3. “We always find homes for the kittens/puppies.” (And that means that an equal number of kittens or puppies at the pound will be killed.)
4. “I want the children to witness the miracle of birth.” (Rent a video. Oh yes, and also make sure they witness the killing of innocent recently “birthed” kittens and puppies.)
5. “My dog is so cute and unique; there should be more of her.” (The shelters and pounds are full of cute and unique pets, most with only a few days to live.)
6. “It’s not natural.” (There hasn’t been anything “natural” about dogs since we began to develop breeds thousands of years ago.)
7. “I just couldn’t look my dog in the eye if I had him castrated.” (Watch it, you’re anthropomorphizing.)
8. “A female dog or cat should have at least one litter for health reasons.” (Medically, factually and ethically, indefensible.) (You actually reduce the chances of testicular, mammory and uterine cancer if spayed or neutered.)
9. “Neutering my dog will make him fat and lazy.” (Too much food and not enough exercise make a dog fat and lazy.)
10. “Fixing my pet will change it’s personality.” (The primary influences on an animal’s personality are the kindness and care with which it is raised.)
If your pet is not spayed or neutered please make an appointment with your Veterinarian today and get it done! Thank you for promoting responsible pet ownership!
Thank you for your continued Support of the Az Pet Professionals! Arizona's Preferred Network of Pet Professionals! From all of us! We work for YOU!