BRUSHING A CAT'S TEETH?
PET EXPERT TIP OF THE DAY
- Never, ever leave your dog in the car;
- Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water;
- Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside;
- Take walks during the cooler hours of the day;
- When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt) because it can burn your dog's paws;
- If you think it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet – make sure your pet has a means of cooling off;
- Keep your dog free of external parasites (fleas, ticks) and heartworms – consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet;
- Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats, and apply sunscreen to your dog's skin if she or he has a thin coat.
PET EXPERT TIP OF THE DAY!
Household pet tip for dogs from Blue Ribbon K9 Academy:
Train your dog to use a pet door by putting a dab of butter on the bottom edge of the flap. Have another person hold the dog on the side with the butter and you stand on the other side with treats. Your dog will lick the bottom of the flap, pushing it open while you encourage it through and offering treats. Happy Training!
This article was written and then shared to us by Rikki Schmidt, wife of veterinarian, Dr. Marc Schmidt. Thanks for the information Rikki! ...
"Photographing animals is my passion" ~ Jill Flynn I provide on-location Pet Photo Sessions in the Phoenix Metro A...
What does that mean for all of the pet lovers and owners out there? To the Az Pet Professionals it means many things! Our aim is to: ...
TRAINING TIPS FOR YOUR DOG Part One of Three The Association of Pet Dog Trainers ( APDT ) has declared January as their National T...
Grrr…eetings fellow pack members! This is to serve as a bit of an introduction to me, Stacy Mantle. I’m the pack leader at PetsWeekly.com ...
Every year, millions of unwanted dogs and cats, including puppies and kittens, are needlessly euthanized. The good news is that every...