What does that mean for all of the pet lovers and owners out there?
To the Az Pet Professionals it means many things! Our aim is to:
· Promote responsible pet ownership
· Awareness of mutual benefits of owning a pet
· Increasing public awareness of the role pet experts have in their lives
· Raising awareness of the value that working and assistance dogs have in so many lives
The following are Az Pet Professionals top 10 Tips for responsible ownership:
1. THINK before getting a pet. Do your research and understand what your financial obligations will be for the entire life of the pet! ADOPT, DON’T SHOP!
2. Make sure your pet receives Basic Training and is well socialized.
3. Feed your pet a high quality, well balanced diet in “Meals”. Know how much food is going in!
4. Provide comfortable and suitable housing and bedding.
5. Provide all necessary vaccinations and recommendations from your veterinarian.
6. Spay and Neuter!
7. Provide appropriate grooming and exercise.
8. Ensure your pet is properly ID’d with either a Microchip or a Collar/Tag with your information.
9. If able, get Pet Insurance for those un-expected emergencies.
10. Get Educated in Pet CPR and First Aid so YOU know what to do in an emergency with your pet!
This year Az Pet Professionals would like to highlight on a very special group that founder, Kim MacCrone has worked with closely. Power Paws Assistance Dogs. This amazing organization raises and trains puppies to become Assistance Dogs for children and adults with special needs.
|Banner Borrowed from Power Paws|
|Picture borrowed from Power Paws|
· Diabetic Alert Dogs
· Hearing dogs
· Home Helpmates
· Animal-Assisted Therapy
· Assistant dogs
To continue reading more about Power Paws Organization and to DONATE to this wonderful cause, please see their website at http://www.azpowerpaws.org/. There is a donation button to the left of the page. They are always in need of donations and would appreciate any amount, large or small that you can assist with.
Az Pet Professionals Network Group consists of pet experts in a wide array of pet industry fields and they all strive to promote responsible pet ownership each month, not just in May!
Our pet experts are individuals who have a love and passion for what they do. Most of us are small business owners that have put heart and soul into building a small business that people can trust and depend on to care for not only their animals but for the clients as well.
If you haven’t seen all of the Az Pet Professional members, they are located on the right side of this page under PAGES. When you click on a pet category it will open the page to the center of the website, listing all of the pet experts in the particular field.
Each member has a link to their own business website, their business telephone/email and even to their Face book page. Please take a minute to click through and meet our pet experts!
|Purchased Rights from Life on White Photography|
Az Pet Professionals strive to educate their clients in being responsible pet ownership. If there is something they see that could be dangerous to their pet or could be easier, they educate their client in the area. Most of our network members are trained and Certified in Pet CPR and First Aid. The members who are not certified yet, have every intent on being so within this year.
Pet Businesses who have direct contact with your fur family should be qualified experts in their field as well as know what to do if your pet becomes suddenly ill, has an unexpected injury or emergency.
Don’t settle for less!
So this month please help us celebrate National Pet Month by doing your part in being a responsible pet owner! If you need advice in any pet related area, our pet experts will be happy to answer and assist you. Just give them a call!
Thanks pet parents! We hope you will share our website with all of your pet friends and family and please don’t forget to follow us on Face book!