Hundreds of Events and Thousands of Lives Saved Mark 20th Annual World Spay DayShared by: http://www.azhumane.org/spayneuter/
Facts about Spaying and Neutering:
- 50 percent of litters aren't planned. Puppies and kittens can safely and easily be fixed by four months to prevent accidental litters.
- Puppies and kittens as young as two months old or weighing at least two pounds can be spayed or neutered.
- Spay/neuter reduces breeding-related health risks such as reproductive cancer. It can add years to your pet’s life, meaning lots of extra toy tossing, treat sharing, and couch cuddling in your future.
- Spay/neuter ends females’ heat cycles (no more unwanted male suitors). It reduces roaming and pets’ chances of being hit by cars. Neutering resolves most territorial urine marking issues and means no more humping everything in sight.
- Spaying and neutering do not hurt, as veterinarians use anesthesia during the procedures and provide pain medications afterward.
For the first time ever this year, some participants are using Zeuterin™, an FDA-approved, nonsurgical, injectable sterilant for male dogs 3-10 months old, that provides another important tool in the effort to humanely control dog and cat populations.
Free Mobile Clinics
AHS’ mobile clinic will be in at Friendship Park in Avondale, 12325 W. McDowell Road, March 4-6
PETCO in Gilbert, 1415 E. Warner Road, March 25-27 offering free spay/neuter services courtesy of Arizona’s License Plate Grant.
Both clinics are first-come, first-serve and space is limited. Please arrive early.
Gilbert Arizona's very own Spay and Neuter Facility! Recognizing the importance of spaying and neutering, ALL YEAR LONG!
This year, the popular Mutts comic strip will run a commemorative World Spay Day strip, a sample is included below:
World Spay Day 2014 is presented by The Humane Society of the United States and Humane Society International, in partnership with the Doris Day Animal Foundation, the Alliance for Contraception in Cats & Dogs, Ark Charities, the ASPCA®, Best Friends Animal Society, the House Rabbit Society, Humane Alliance, the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association, Petfinder Foundation and PetSmart Charities®. World Spay Day 2014 is sponsored by Abaxis.
Events in honor of the 20th annual World Spay Day take place throughout February, which is Spay/Neuter Awareness Month. World Spay Day has been recognized in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, and nearly 50 countries. Find World Spay Day events near you, sponsor a spay/neuter surgery, and get resources for affordable spay/neuter services at worldspayday.org.